Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Impressions from Experience 2018

Von
Simplify-ERP™
am 10.10.18, 08:25 3.272 Ansichten

Features in v12e

I found the following features in the Enterprise 12 product launch interesting.

• ML/AI for reading inbound invoice, payment-reconciliation
    – Was wondering if this was really AI/ML, or FP just name-dropped again.
    – Where do the ML algorithms run? Are they shipped with Enterprise code?
    – Or is this feature only available on SaaS?

• CRM Online lead-generation (Integration with sales data sources)
    – A for-USA only feature.
    – Isn't so interesting for D-A-CH markets, unless relevant directories are connected.

• Quotation tool
    – Interesting tool. Available in Community Ed., if anyone has tested already?

• multi-website
    – Welcome feature.
    Useful I guess for those companies that haven't understood why it makes sense to decouple website/shop and ERP.

• email digest/reports

• barcode scanner (fast)
    – I always thought that the only way to do barcode-processes right is with a native app.

• studio report customizer
    – odoo S. A's master stroke for their Enterprise product. It's also Community Ed.'s largest handicap at this point.

1000 people in 2019

So this was the scary part for me.

With abundant cash reserves and new surplus being produced every month, S. A. will be able to produce new features for Enterprise product (available on a preferred basis only to "tamed" partners), most likely faster than the Community Ed. Could this break the confidence of the OCA devs?

There's something happening here faster than the community devs would like to believe. Or is my fear misplaced?

Ashant Chalasani

________

Simplify-ERP™ – Multichannel E-Business

Industriestrasse 24b, DE–70565 Stuttgart | St. Borka Taleski 55, 1000 Skopje-Centar, Mazedonien

Büro Stuttgart: +49–711–7947–2394 | Web: https://www.simplify-erp.com

Umsatzsteuer Ident Nr.: DE215101721, Amtsgericht Stuttgart: HRB 22736, Fa. Wapsol GmbH, Geschäftsführer Ashant Chalasani

• Flag

joerg
An 11.10.18, 17:32

Dear Ashant:

here are my two Cents bottom up

1000 people in 2019. Does it mean on the payroll, or are these hosts and hostesses only? My current impression this year was already, that odoo has hired many Students to make the pink shine more. Some of the folks a had a brief talk with were not capable to talk about ingredients of odoo as such.

I am also questioning the 1000 people in the light of cash flow and market availability.

On the features, again I would point towards

https://odoo-partner.org/de_DE/forum/need-help-14/question/we-had-it-before-odoo-s-a-is-crippeling-the-odoo-12-community-edition-18

I agree that a great Studio product will help a saas offering and is something we could use in  the community release. But it is also a great and quick path to great mess, as it lacks versioning, release planning and rights management. The new features seems to always be a hype-fire, but if you look just one step deeper, it is obvious that practical work with it will lack usability due to oversimplification. DMS is just such a case.

Last not least, the other thread here shows that a lot of development is borrowed from others in the community (see here: https://odoo-partner.org/de_DE/forum/need-help-14/question/we-had-it-before-odoo-s-a-is-crippeling-the-odoo-12-community-edition. And the way the development goes right now is again questionable (where are the promised contents of the Enterprise edition with regards to feature complete bookkeeping (Reports/Interface). Yet not there.

Ihre Antwort

Bleiben Sie informiert

Über diese Community

Diese Community ist für Profis und begeisterte Benutzer unserer Produkte und Dienstleistungen. Teilen und diskutieren Sie die besten Inhalte und neue Marketing-Ideen, stärken Sie Ihr berufliches Profil und werden Sie gemeinsam bessere Vermarkter. Leitfaden

Werkzeuge für die Moderation

Hilfeforum

1 Abonnent(en)

Statistik

Fragestellung: 10.10.18, 08:25
Gesehen: 3272 -mal
Zuletzt aktualisiert: 11.10.18, 17:46

Topics

Please select the topic which fits your concern best.

Customers...

... you need partners for

... you don't want

Vendors...

... that are worth a try

... that you had trouble with

Experiences...

... you like to share for good

.. you want to avoid  

Goto Market, and...

... this works

... this doesn't work